View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 08:30 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58pinson View Post
Wow! Great pics of your son Irv. Your mention of the Soo Greyhounds forced me to drag out my now almost 25 year old Soo sweatshirt and take a look at the names on the mini jerseys on it's front - Ron Francis, Rick Tocchet, Wayne Gretzky, Paul Coffey, and John Vanbiesbrouck. That club has had some great players. Also have a Brandon Wheat Kings gamer from '92-93 of Colin Cloutier, drafted in the 2nd round by the Lightning. Unfortunately he got busted up and never fulfilled his potential.
Since we're talking Junior Hockey I thought, on the 1 in a 1,000 chance that you haven't heard of it, I'd mention the movie "Youngblood" with Rob Lowe and a bunch of other familiar faces. Eric Nesterenko has the part of Lowe's father as sort of a cameo. Always make a point of watching it when the season gets started.
Yes, the Soo has definitely developed some great hockey players over the years, that's for sure.

I'm not sure how many times I have watched Youngblood, but it is a lot. As hormone raging, barley out of my teens kid, I'm not sure what I enjoyed more, the hockey or seeing Cynthia Gibb? LOL

Also, I had no idea, until now, Rob Lowe's Dad in the movie was a hockey player. I assumed back then he was just an actor. Thanks for the info.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cynthia.jpg (14.1 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg Youngblood.jpg (37.0 KB, 113 views)