View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 02:31 PM

So I'm pretty sure I sold this seller the 1961 Topps Mathews Christmas Rack Pack that he also has for sale, and regardless based on the stickers on the rack packs, I can tell that the ones he has for sale originally came from:

http://christmasrackpacks.com/

This seller's "story" is some relative bought two huge cases of these way back when, and gives them to him to sell over time. He does a lot of private sales and doesn't let his buyers talk to each other (he blocks their ability to email other buyers - which I find suspicious). So I've never been able to confirm or deny whether there are good cards or not in these packs (although one of our board members opened several and got nothing worthwhile). I will also say ... over the 14 years of selling these that he advertises on his website ... he has sold thousands of these.

Oh, and I should mention, I bought 1 rack pack from him (for the novelty of opening cards - even if they weren't "real") and he "threw in" a freebie. I find that suspicious. If you weren't making them yourself, you'd have a limited supply of "good rack packs", and I would think you wouldn't want to give those away for free. Which is why I sold the 1961 Mathews pack. I actually still have the other one (since it was a freebie) - so would be interested to hear if others had positive stories buying racks from him.

Cheers,
Patrick