Thread: Aaron Judge
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 10:32 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
Irv— perhaps I'm misreading your point, but who here is comparing Aaron Judge to Ty Cobb? The sheer premise is ludicrous.

Also, your logic— that someone who has a "non HOF" career will be "forgotten"— is pretty harsh and deeply flawed. There are plenty of players who did not make the hall and are beloved by their fans, plenty of numbers retired by teams that aren't in the HOF. It is not HOF or bust for the players, and it's not that way for their fans, either. Maybe for card value speculators, yet that's its own realm.
Well, because the original poster was wondering if Judge was a good investment, I figure it was a good choice to use his name as a comparison.

My other words were tongue in cheek so to speak as this is also a possibility whether it is Judge or another player. I know other players, such as Minoso, who is not in the HOF, is also popular, but his card prices pale in value compared to if he was.

Like Peter just said, Trout likely has 500-1000 cards for everyone available of Cobb.
That is how the market is, like it or not. 1 of 1's, refractors, etc, will never, imo, reach the levels price wise of Cobb, or anyone else for that matter, who is a HOF, whos cards/picture/memorabilia are rare and hard to come by.
Here is one article of many: http://www.cardboardconnection.com/w...-90s-worthless

Last edited by irv; 06-16-2017 at 10:33 AM.