View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 09:36 PM
Pete Sycks

Being that my neighbor growing up was the 1st base coach of the Twins we got to meet a bunch of ballplayers. Puckett was the nicest guy ever as my mom got to babysit his daughter at the time and we knew their family really well. "Twig" also introduced us to Griffey Jr when he was with the Mariners and you can image a 8 year old shaking hands with him after the game, it was something I'll never forget. A current player who couldn't be nicer is Trout. Every time he comes to Minnesota he makes sure to sign for at least 20 people at the game and will take pictures and talk to anyone willing to ask him something. You'd think the face of MLB would be above that, but not him. His teammate Pujols hasn't picked up a pen in 5 years since joining the Angels.

Even though he was my favorite player growing up Frank Thomas was kind of a douche when 2 of us approached him while he was walking around San Diego a couple years ago at the All-Star game festivities. He kept saying "no time" and looked visibly upset that we were even talking to him. Another former player who plays it up for TV, but when you meet in person is kind of a dick is Bert Blyleven. He won't sweet spot any baseball you give him and if you give him a photo he'll "best wishes" and personalizes your name on it because he knows it decreases in value. He even turned away my best friends' wife in a hallway with nobody around them before.

http://syckscards.weebly.com

Always looking for 1938 Goudey's