Thread: REA results
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 08:36 AM
Paul

Default Jason May Collection

I think the prices were in the reasonable to strong category, for the dozen or two cards I was watching and/or bidding on. I couldn’t believe how cheap the signed T206 Crawford Batting card went — about $2,000 or $3,000 less than it’s prior sales; on the flip side tho, the Baker sold for $20,000+BP, which is about $12,000 more than Jason paid for it at auction a couple of years ago. He lost a couple grand on the Speaker, but made it up on the Cobb, basically.

Given that Jason was out on his collection, it does seem like many or at least several others were there to pick up the slack. I was happy to pull down the two signed CJs — paying about what Jason paid for his Wood a couple of years ago on eBay, but paying over what I thought was going to be needed to secure the Roush.

To me the scary thing is the sheer volume of epic signed pre-war cards for sale all at once. Those of us with limited pockets had to pick and choose. Typically, only one or two of these just might end up at auction in a year. There will be more money at the lower end for these one-offs; but the deep pockets will show up for the high end stuff, seemingly without regard for a larger volume.

So, to me, the deep pockets showed up, but it also signals a continued rising on prices.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2CEBEB7B-1F45-4702-A3A7-226B67753CB9.jpg (20.6 KB, 298 views)

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206