View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 01:06 PM
Fred

The cards displayed so far in this thread are good arguements why the grading companies should stick to authenitcation and list the card as AUTHENTIC or AUTHENTIC/ALTERED. Too much subjectivity going on. Yes, I realize that this would greatly "wound" the grading companies because then people wouldn't be pissing all over themselves trying to get the card with the highest number on the label. I guess this could lead to a reduction in submissions because of the lack of a numbers game. It would be nice to at least have an industry standard set up so that ALL of the grading companies graded to the same criteria.

It's truly ironic that the part of our hobby that is related to "grading" and "authentication" is based on a "sham". It seems to be common knowledge that the first PSA card to be graded was trimmed and it just happened to be the "holy grail" of our hobby which the media will reference when the topic of baseball cards comes up.

The cards below are both graded SGC10. Don't get me wrong, I think SGC is the best in the business but I feel they should probably adapt a new grading scheme for blank backed cards (like OJs). Oh yeah, the Getzein is the card that I think was graded improperly. There is a little bit of glue residue on the back, other than that, it's a pretty sharp card.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SGC10s_Geitzen.jpg (76.6 KB, 272 views)