View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 06:57 AM
Todd Tobias

To be honest, Jeff, I think that there are only two four-in-ones with AFL players in which all four players are still living. But true to your statement, I'm having a tough time even with them. One card has Lance Alworth, Don Maynard, Billy Cannon and Ron McDole. I paid for Cannon once, got McDole and Alworth, only to have the card not come back from Maynard.

Recently I tried again on a new card. I managed to get Maynard back just fine. I put the card back into the mail yesterday to Ron McDole. If/When it comes back, I will take it to Lance to sign. Then Billy Cannon is doing a paid signing at the end of October, so I will then ship it off there.

The only other AFL four-in-one that I can think of with all guys still living is Ralph Baker, Eric Crabtree, Speedy Duncan and Bobby Bell. I've got two copies of that one signed by Baker and Duncan. Bell is pretty automatic TTM for $15, but Crabtree is the real challenge. Not sure yet how to tackle him.

On the rest of those cards I'm just picking out one guy to sign. Lazy, I know, but admittedly it's not my favorite set.

Last edited by AFLfan; 09-12-2017 at 06:58 AM.