View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 10:31 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrick07 View Post
Thank you Shelly and Chris,
Very educational on the subject. Chris you said Mr Dimaggio is one of the most difficult to authenticate, is it due to the skill of the frauds or Dimaggios wasn't always that consistent on his signature?
Shelly if you are wrong, your insight warranted such excellent feedback that is exceptionally greater than just yes or no.
Thank you
Signatures change all of the time.

I probably own (I wrote "probably") every variation of Joe D's sig, and it's a matter of "training your eye" for characteristics.

Once you can do that, you can "look" at autographs that you aren't that familiar with and opine on them.

When it comes to explaining the "technicalities" of an autograph, I can't do it.

Remember that signed Joe D. bat that was posted on here? Everyone but Mr. Zipper and myself thought it was a forgery. I knew immediately it was authentic.

When you master your "eye," you can get some great deals without alerting the autograph community and asking them to opine on it.

I once picked up a Joe D. signed golf program for $28.00.

I've picked up a few snow-white Mickey Mantle autographed baseballs for between $160.00 and $220.00.

Once you get to a level of "training your eye," the deals are out there.

I learn something new about autographs every day. Yes, every day.

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 01-14-2015 at 06:31 PM.