View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 04:39 PM
And.rew Whi.te

Default SGC submission times

I sent in a small, nine card submission to SGC and today it is the 22nd business day. Now this is my first submission in 15 years to anyone TPG and the cards are not expected to be high grade vintage but the hope is they come back as 7's or better (one can only hope). I am just anxious to see the grades and have been checking the website for a week now but I still receive the dreaded "submitted" status. I called on Monday to ask about timing and was told they are very backed up and estimated times for grading are just that...estimated times.

We have all been in the hobby for years and understand that these times are estimated but it just surprises me how companies can advertise a service and not deliver on their stated promise. Seems to me they should offer waiting times like the following:

-Sometime soon
-Maybe before the end of the year
-If your envelope falls off of the shelf before others we will get to it next
-Hey! We will get to it when we get to it otherwise don't worry about it!

As I said I am a small time collector and generally don't submit cards but I thought I would give it a shot. Depending on how these grades come back I may submit again but I just wish they would be more realistic in their submission times and also understand why we all get upset when they miss their stated number of days to have an order completed. There should be some sort of penalty for missing their obligations. I am willing to give a little but how long must anyone wait beyond the stated expectations without some sort of kick back from the company?

ok...I will get off of my soapbox.