Thread: Wanna bet?
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 03:59 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
I confess to my own OCD with regard to my OP. I was introduced to APBA in 1953 at the age of 6. Soon thereafter I began compiling stats from the game. Somewhat later I completed a 1956 season replay. With hours of reconciliation I was able to maintain a stat balance, but managing to “reality” was another problem. The best example of this was keeping Joe Adcock from hitting too many home runs. He hit 53 all together, but I played Frank Torre at first base for most of September, so Babe Ruth’s record would not be broken. I think Adcock ended up with only about 400 ABs to accomplish this goal. Babe thanked me.
My brother and friends played relentlessly in the early 70s. APBA came out with "extra" cards that as I recall you tore from a perforated sheet and there were some real anomalies like Ken Brett having 6 "1s" on his card that led to endless disputes about what was fair.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 08-23-2019 at 04:00 PM.