View Single Post
Old 02-15-2015, 07:38 PM
Jim H

Default Bite by three dogs...what to do?

Everyday I take my boxer for a walk. On Saturday morning we were on our usual route when three dogs; a pit bull, 2 collies bust out of their fenced in gate towards us. My dog and I backed peddled into the middle of the street. With the pit bull in the lead, the three dogs reached us. My boxer immediately sat. The three dogs by passed her and started to attack me. I yelled, kicked and punched with no effect. In the process the pit bull knocked me down and continued bitting. While on the ground I saw a pickup truck parked nearby. I got up and picked up my dog and ran to the truck. I threw my boxer in the bed and jumped in. The dogs continued to try to jump in the bed until they heard their owner yell "Get back here" Once they heard the owner's voice they ran home.
I waited a couple minutes (to catch my breath), secured my dog in the truck and I went to the owners house. After knocking on the door he came out and was surprised that his dogs did this. He said he was sorry. He wrote his phone number on a piece of paper and I limped home (I didn't have my cell phone with me). My clothes were torn up. I went to Urgent Care and they cleaned out the 17 bites and gave me a tetanus shot. My total bill was $25 ($12 co-pay, $13 medicine/pain killers). I went home took some pain killers and slepted.
Today, Sunday, I went to the local Police Station. They said it was a Animal Control issue. I called the number and they will get hold of me tomorrow.
Where would Net 54 members take it from here? I figure my clothes (jeans, hoodie, shoes are torn, $25 in doctor fees, and $40 for sheets). I woke up with blood stains on my sheets. So I figure a couple hunderd dollars that I am out of. But what about scaring? What to do?