View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 06:38 AM
And.rew C0rs0

I'm fine with the prices Dean's Cards charges. They offer a streamlined and guaranteed service that is appealing to many.

I have sold a few decent cards on eBay and been surprised when the auction was over that the winner was Dean's Cards. So he's buying inventory at eBay market values and then reselling. He's got to make a profit.

The service may not be for everyone. My wife only buys cards twice a year as gifts and I know she has used Dean's Cards. I know she is probably paying more than one could get the same cards on eBay but she prefers that for piece of mind. She has said she is not confident buying on EBay and I totally understand that. Dean's has a great, easy-to-use website, great customer service, and guaranteed (as close as possible) authenticity. Ebay is a tough market for novices with scams everywhere. If she's only buying cards once or twice a year as gifts she wants to do so in an environment that is safe and reliable. You pay extra for that security and reassurance. And all the card she has bought were PSA graded for added assurance.

I have looked at his website and think it is pretty nice. And I would not disparage one of the strongest card shops in America doing fantastic business -- it is not an easy market anymore and plenty of people on this site have criticized the old mom and pop card shops going out of business for failing to adapt to the internet.

And.rew Co.rso

Last edited by Leon; 09-21-2013 at 07:54 AM. Reason: added name per rules