View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 07:13 PM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpeck100 View Post

This should break a thousand I would think and it will be interesting to see if the first time it debuts in a major auction brings out some new blood.
I also wonder about that. Almost my entire collection is of cards outside the big four stick and ball sports. This REA auction may be slighter lighter than normal on the non-sports side of things, but I always love checking out the amazing rarities and non-sports sets at the end of REA auctions every time.

Last year, I went hard after a Howard Hughes card from the 1938 Heinz Aviators series before eventually bowing out when the card went past $1,500. The Hughes card is a great non-sports rarity, at least among cards that don't sell for $10,000+.

There are always non-sports cards at the end of each REA auction that I am either unfamiliar with or only vaguely familiar with. One of the items at the end of the current REA auction that shocked me is the near full set of "Police Inspectors/Captains and Chiefs of the Fire Department" set from 1887. I was only vaguely familiar with that set before this auction, but the $25,000 starting bid made me do some more research on the set.

https://bid.robertedwardauctions.com...e?itemid=48556

Perhaps the Wrestling All-Stars being included in REA will make more collectors aware of the set(s).

Last edited by Bored5000; 10-08-2017 at 07:14 PM.