View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 07:36 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

You know, I am not 100% sure how numbered tickets work. There was some research recently done with old Yankees and Giants tickets that is listed on the PSA website. But these numbered tickets were sold at the window by the team before the game I believe. Tickets like the Johnson 1923 ticket came from a book the owner had. The belief apparently is that if you had the book you took the next ticket stub out each time you went to the park. Making #57 for July 22nd. When I saw it i knew that was the date of his 3000th K. So if I had the chance to send it back for a re-holder I wouldn't have to convince them of the date, they already decided on that. I have seen ticket books that did have the stubs dated also so its hard to say with 100% certainty if PSA is definitely right.

As an aside, July 22nd is not the only date cited as Johnson's 3000th K ! I have seen at least 2 other close dates listed as his 3000th. But the 22nd is the most cited one.

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...
Billy Bob Thornton-Bad News Bears