View Single Post
Old 11-01-2014, 09:47 PM
Brad Francis

I think the OP is a bit misguided in what the net54 auction is and isn't. It is not meant to be an "option" to Ebay, or really much at all except a bit of fun for a few people to share a treasure or two. As mentioned, I rarely see a bump or the need for a bump because any other current auctions are only about three deep in the cue anyway.

The other BST sections are the place for the real stuff to change hands, and that is not auction, just first come first served. Many people have stated this before, but, "please spend some time getting used to what net54 is and isn't, how it works, and common courtesy before you go off looking like an idiot.

There are no "auction deals hiding" on here as it is not an auction site. The very little and very cheap items that members actually put up for "auction" is very obvious it is there as a fun game to play once in awhile.

Also, everyone knows what everyone is doing and that is what makes it a safe place to buy, sell, and trade. You can't get away with a complaint like "every time I do this..." when you only did it once.

I am pretty sure there are more important things to worry about than losing a 2 dollar common card by a dollar because it was bumped. Members who put things up for a day or two auction, bump to be fair and to be kind, not to drive up their prices. Just look through the auction section and you will see that no one is getting rich here.

I just find the complaint a bit weird. If you are looking to trick, cheat, or sneak a deal, this is not the place. We are all on the same team per se. Just my two bits.

Last edited by marvymelvin; 11-01-2014 at 09:48 PM.