View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 08:48 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post
Yes.

I love the game of baseball. I can't get Paul Goldschmidt on a T206, so then I buy modern stuff.

Those that don't typically like all the years, in my experience, are not lovers of the game, they are purely hobbyist. Or they only like the game "the way it used to be played". That is fine, but a hobbyist is going to be particular to the hobby without any interest in the game itself. Someone, like myself, that loves the game is in the hobby due to the connection it gives me to the game and that includes all years and all aspects.
Poppycock. I love the game of baseball as much as almost anyone. I play softball actively every week (except in the winter) and have for around 50 yrs when including baseball as a youngster. I don't know what a Paul Goldschmidt is nor do I care (no disrespect meant to that person). That doesn't make me not like baseball. I don't like the way pro athletes act, in general. I never really got over the strike in the 1994 season, which ended it, amid salary cap negotiations. Then in the 1987-1994 era, baseball cards were produced by the gazillions and that pretty much killed a lot of the hobby. Then lastly there is manufactured rarity which I don't care for. I like baseball just as much or more than almost anyone. My original answer was much better, "no".

Btw, I think it's great that a lot of collectors love new, shiny cards. I think it's awesome they are at least collecting baseball cards and having fun.
Happy collecting.

Last edited by Leon; 11-24-2017 at 10:41 AM.