View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 09:44 AM
Administrator

Default What Is On Your Dream List?

Posted By: Jason L

my connection to them (that side of the extended family) passed away nearly 25 years ago(before my teen years), and when that kinda thing happens, sometimes relationships just develop into those of strangers.

I could perhaps try to re-establish a connection someday, but it will be out of the blue for me to do it, and I don't want to do that simply for the purposes of acquiring memorabilia. we'll see...

Funny story: my grandfather (the connection) was finally able to make it to one of Lee's games when he was with the Pirates - he travelled down to Wrigley to see him play. What does Lee do? He gets tossed out of the game really early on for arguing with an ump...like so early, I don't think he even came to bat once! To have heard the story told, boy, was my grandpa pissed! If he were still alive today, and I could talk to him from the knowledge base I have now, I would try to console him that he saw HOFers play that day like the Waner brothers, and Honus and Pie Traynor were in the stadium as well...