View Single Post
Old 07-05-2023, 02:20 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Default FREE "Net54 Spoken Here!" Booth Sign for The National!!

Using the word "Free" was just a Marketing 101 ploy to get eyes on this thread. I mean, it is FREE, but that has no bearing on anything.

Anyway...I created a sign for members to put up at their National booths (actually, you can use it at whatever show you want), so other members can easily zero in and perhaps do business (in other words, "drop dem Benjamins") with some of our own. Of course, money isn't everything, so the other function of the sign is to find guys you 'on-line know' to chat with (Crap! You should never end a sentence with with. With with?? Whoa!! This is getting weird...stay focused, Elms.).

Here's what it looks like (with an invented 'sample' member's name/ID). Leon okayed it, so it's ready to go...unless anyone has pertinent suggestions for necessary changes (the key word there is "necessary")?

Some basic facts:
• The final version will be posted here, so you would just download it and print it from home.
• If done correctly (printed with the 'origin across' and 'origin down' both at zero), it will have a one quarter of an inch white border around it. After printing, use a paper cutter to chop it at the 8" mark and you will have the proper 8.5" wide by 8" tall final version.
• For durability, simply use some rubber cement to mount it to cardboard.
• The "Name/Net54 ID" section will obviously be blank, so you would use a Sharpie or such to write whatever you want there.
NO FRICKIN' PROMISES!! I may be up for personalizing them (in other words, replacing the Barney Buggzie and “CobbSlobb28” - same font - with your info) for some of you guys, if I have enough time.

IMPORTANT:
Can someone out there download the sample and print it, to see if the sizing is working correctly?? I would appreciate it.

net54spokenherefinalsample01.jpg

Question, comments, etc., welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.

Last edited by JollyElm; 04-04-2024 at 02:37 PM.