View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Default "Best" Cards to collect

Posted By: Jeff Prizner

so, for you, are scarcity and the number of collectors of the set the main factors in what makes a set not boring??

-combination of both scarcity and visual appeal (which of course is personal taste). I don't like ugly scarce cards.

So, if you cut the supply and the population of collectors of t206's by half, would you consider t206's not as boring??

-yes

so, collecting cards is a function of how difficult it is to find the card? and so, say, are d304's less boring than T3's because they are more scarce and less collected?

-again, both scarcity and visual appeal are factors for me. I definitely like a challenge, but the prize still has to be pretty. In your example above, I would rate T3's less "boring" for me b/c I personally consider T3's the best looking cards ever made.

That's why I don't really care for T206's, there are better looking cards out there (or at least w/o argument just as pretty), more challenging cards, and cards that every casual collector in the world doesn't own and already know everything about.

If I had a t-shirt that I really liked but noticed that everywhere I went I saw 3 or 4 other people also wearing the same t-shirt, it would lose it's appeal to me too.

Not offended at all, makes for good discussion!