Thread: LeBron's future
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Rob Miller

I hear ya Tim. I am just not so sure that his brand will thrive if he isn't the main focal point on a championship team. If his numbers go down to 22 pts a game with maybe 8 asissts, I am not sure his brand will soar.

He was totally wrong about some of the things he spoke about as well. He mentioned how Jordan had Pippen/Grant/Kukoc. Those guys were good role players, just like most of the guys Kobe has with the exception of maybe Gasol. It is easy to say how unselfish he is going to be and how they will all play together in harmony, but we have all seen situations where there are not enough basketballs on the court.

I remember Sprewell and Houston after one season couldn't play together because they both needed the ball to succeed. I am not saying it will be the same, but I would not be ready to hand them the championship or even the East title. I still think Orlando has the edge.

I also think Bosh is a tad overrated. I am always weary of guys who put up big numbers on bad teams, i.e, Charles Smith.

I guess we shall see...should be very interesting.

PS - Over/under on how many games before Riley takes over the team? I say 15...that guy is a snake.