View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 07:20 AM
Administrator

Default ??? Trimmed cards

Posted By: T206Collector

You may be right, but I do recall the very first time I saw a PSA graded card. It was a 1988 Score Roberto Alomar card that was selling for hundreds of dollars. I wanted to know why, and it was explained to me that it was a PSA 10. That was my introduction into the world of graded cards.

Now, I believe this would have been at a card show before I went off to college in 1991. And I am certain that I have read stories about how PSA grading began in 1986-1988. Those are the stories that I was relaying. But, again, I could be wrong.

And more importantly, I was sharing with you the stories that I read when I first came onto this Board several years ago. Those stories, regardless of the year in which the facts portrayed (rightly or wrongly), gave me considerable pause before I ventured into the world of high grade T206 cards. If you do not want to consider them as true, that is your choice. And if you'd prefer that I stick to my own personal experiences with PSA, I could do that, too (and have).

But really, I was just explaining how the more I read on this Board, the more it made me uncomfortable with PSA. That is all.