Thread: Triple Crown!!
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 07:45 AM
CraigH

I'm an Angels fan and love Mike Trout, but winning the Triple Crown is beyond doubt MVP worthy. I believe the media does not like Cabrera because he is quiet and does not have a squeaky clean image(He's been arrested a few times over the past few years for doing stupid things like abusing alcohol and spousal issues). He allegedly has political leanings(in his home country of Venezuela) that we Americans are supposed to frown upon.

Josh Hamilton has had his problems too, but for some reason, media outlets gloss over his faults more willingly. I hate him because he plays for the Rangers and they are in the same division.

Generally, the media has been ignoring how good he is for awhile. If you ask who the average fan who the big mega stars of MLB is over the past several years, Pujols, A-Rod, Jeter, Bonds, Manny...etc. Cabrera's name never comes up, but this guys always been a beast. Check out his stats from when he was with the Marlins.

I remember Arte Moreno making a run at him before he ended up in Detroit. So it is clear, even the Angels' owner knows how good he is.

Craig H.