View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 01:54 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I'm having trouble letting go of a few cards I told myself I would sell to fund another purchase. I have already made the purchase, and it's time to send the cards off to auction. I just don't think I'm ready to get rid of a few of them. And naturally, those are the more valuable ones.

Has anyone else faced a similar dilemma? If so, what was the final decision?

And before anyone mentions it, I do realize the obvious logical thing to do would have been not to make the purchase until the cards I currently own were sold. But I didn't feel like waiting.
Jesse, you aren't alone. The fact that you even consider selling some cards to help you get others proves you aren't too far gone. . I am 42, and I know a guy who is about 10 years older than me. He recently made several thousand dollars worth of baseball card purchases. Amazed at his sudden flurry of activity, I asked a mutual friend of ours how he did it because this fella practically lives paycheck to paycheck and is an absolute hoarder. My buddy informed me that our friend cashed in a substantial chunk of a 401k. A lot of people have multiple sources of income and investment to help them retire. This guy doesn't, and from what I can see he has no back up plan. If he ever plans on retiring, he will have to sell a ton of his collection to do it. Like I said, he is a hoarder of the first rate. You have it under control, you have a plan. Relax and execute your plan when you are ready.