View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 07:14 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default T206 Hustler brand.... a myth put to rest?

Since Jim R commented in another thread about T206 Hustler being a myth, which it is, I figure I will start a little thread about it, instead of going off on a tangent in the same thread, as normal. Having the 1953 and 1967 (revised) edition of the ACC's, I notice that Burdick had Hustler baseball cards listed in the earlier edition, next to T206, but not the newer one. I think there were 1-2 editions between those so maybe someone can check and see if it was listed in one of those also? We have many new members so here is a relevent index card again too, which is a checklist from the 1950's-early 1960's by Walt Corson, who was a good friend of Burdick. (if Burdick really had any as, from what I have read, he was rather reclusive). When Walt made this checklist they obviously thought it would still show up. But like I say, maybe since it's not in the last (I think '67 was the last) ACC edition, maybe they had already come to the conclusion that it wasn't a brand with a baseball player. So maybe we have kept the myth going without knowing it?

note- Ty Cobb brand is listed on the index card and all ACC's

Last edited by Leon; 05-10-2010 at 06:38 PM. Reason: typo