View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 10:54 PM
Lewis Vintage Collectibles

Default Right!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyFarino View Post
Why dont all these major auction houses follow what heritage does regarding the 15 min rule. Its ridiculous that you have to wait for EVERYONE to stop bidding all at once for the whole auction to end. Who's really going to stay up until 3-4a.m to bid.
Yeah I hear you on that. I prefer myself to the auction houses that end the individual item after a 15-30 timer where knowone has placed a bid. You should be bidding against other on a lot not against the whole auction. I have had experiences where an auction went into the extended bidding around 7pm and my bid sits untouched for 8 or 9 hours then getting outbid when I fall asleep. I know people that drop the first day min bid on 30 to 40 items. They get outbid on every one since these are the cheap day 1 bids then they wait until the Extended Period and start bidding at 3 to 4 am when people aren't awake to battle them. Man I got to the point where I just stay up now throughout the whole auction and Im in Central time zone. Hahaha...

The thing that drive me nuts is when a auction house says that they are closing the auction at a certain time then decide to change that the minute before closing and they keep extending the time for a few more hours. But I guess at the end of the day if you dont like a auction house's practices its time to move on to the others. There is too many places to buy from!