View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 02:01 PM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingcardking View Post
Are you getting into the market for each of these sets?
I would like to pick up a few of the major cards. I wish I had seen the complete sets of Parkhurst cards that sold at Mile High a few months ago. I realize the sets were lower condition, but $241 for a complete set from both years seemed like a great pick up for a collector.

I am mostly a non sports collector or sports outside the big four. I just finished the 1972 STP racing set. That is where the card in my avatar comes from. That is only an 11-card set, but there are a couple of extreme rarities contained within that set. I post most frequently in the "vintage racing" thread on the main board. Other than the '72 STP set, my collection is largely a variety of iconic/star type cards from a bunch of different sets and genres.

I like collecting racing (and cards outside the big four sports in general) because there are only a handful of cards that individually sell for over $500. I am always interested whenever the various wrestling sets are discussed on here, since I grew up as a huge WWF fan and faithfully read the Apter magazines each month.

I check out the auctions for wrestling cards on eBay at least a couple times a week. I am sure you know this, but so much of the eBay auctions for wrestling cards always seem to be modern autograph cards/diva cards.

Last edited by Bored5000; 09-24-2017 at 02:25 PM.