View Single Post
Old 12-25-2018, 09:54 PM
Rich Klein

Alan:

That's what I suggested to Kyle BTW. He already had his Frisco location scheduled for Saturday since he does the 3rd Saturday of each month there. Many times he can get the room the day before and if so, then the double is worth doing.

Many people are off that Friday so a Friday Afternoon-Evening/Saturday combo is not a bad idea for that weekend at his normal location.

As I mentioned, if I were to do a big April show I'd do the first weekend or the last weekend of the month because the 2nd weekend is too close to tax time and we've now discussed for this year Easter.

The biggest issue for Easter is that it's a family day (or weekend) and there are many people who attend church 1-2 days a year of which Easter is one of them. It's a small unofficial sample size but on my street there were at least 3 families who got together for Easter day or Easter weekend. Finding my normal parking space on Saturday night in front of my house was very difficult.

Will the serious collectors come, of course, but you won't see as many casual people, especially on Sunday.

I also meant to add my New Jersey Promoter Friend, Gary Sipos, who runs shows on the 1st, 3rd and 5th (when there is a 5th) Sunday in New Jersey near where I grew up, will not run a show at his location on Easter Sunday. His show is a Sunday only show.

And remember as a local DFW promoter, a well promoted big show drawing new people INTO the hobby or returning thereof can only do me good, so I do have a vested (albeit not financially) interest in Kyle and Leon having a good show. Drafting off a big show is only a positive for me.

Regards
Rich

Regards
Rich

Last edited by Rich Klein; 12-26-2018 at 04:40 AM.