View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 07:42 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I have around 6 months to be 56.
With my first collection it was about acquiring a type card I needed, period. But I will never forget when I finally acquired 1 of 2-3 known Greiner Bread cards I had been wanting for years. I paid several thousand for it and when I got home I threw it aside like a '92 Donruss. I like "owning" a little bit but I like the hunt far more. This is always an interesting subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klrdds View Post
My desire started to diminish at age 56 after 50 years of collecting baseball cards all the way from Old Judge to 2016 Topps and all cards in between ,game worn uniforms and jerseys , and autographs ( pictures, contracts , checks, 3x5s, letters, single signed and team signed baseballs, bats, etc) and other baseball memorabilia. My philosophy for 30 years was if I wanted it I bought it . I reached a point when I decided to not collect anymore for a variety of reasons , but it was as if each phase of my collecting had a different reason for me to stop. Every collector that I am good friends with has told me that you reach a point when you stop ; it can be for a different reason for each person but everyone does stop eventually. Now I buy but it must be something special , but yes the hunt is still the most fun aspect of collecting for me .