3: Monte Irvin (1)
4: Ed Lopat (1)
5: Mickey Mantle (2) - Set Size: 11
6: Eddie Mathews (2)
7: Don Newcombe (1) - new name
8: Robin Roberts (2) - Set Size: 8
9: Al Rosen (1)
10: Specs Toporcer (1)
11: UNKNOWN - Presumably Bucky Harris (Mgr)

Originally there were 8 according to the back of the Robin Roberts card in the standard catalog. Do all of your cards mention 11 in the set on the back? If the Robin Roberts in your collection mentions 11 cards, then it's also a variation to the original known card. Once the 11th card is found and authenticated, PSA will likely allow for this to be graded by their company.

I disagree with the poster from a few years ago that the card is so rare that condition wouldn't matter much. I think that if you have an authentic Mantle in "mint" condition (like EX-MT or better), you could put the card in a much more active auction (REA, Heritage, Goldin, etc) and easily get over $100K. You have the benefit of finding the second one, so now the first one has kind of proved the authenticity to the market. If a 2009 Mike Trout is about to sell for $3 million or so, a 7-figure price on a super-rare high grade Mantle wouldn't shock me.

You can load the pictures on a site like Facebook (if you have an account), then use the image icon (mountain with yellow sky) above the text box to format your embedded image in the post, or just post the links (URLs) and people can embed the images for you.

Add: Hodges and Newcombe, along with Mantle, look to be the three cards added to the original 8 (known from the article posted in Post #52).
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.

Last edited by swarmee; 08-05-2020 at 03:14 PM.