View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 10:00 AM
Todd Schultz

Default I understand Barry

it's always popular to pick the flavor of the week--who's hot at the moment. Packers had won 7 of 8, losing only on last-play miracle magic to Pittsburgh, but I was highly confident that they had no chance on stopping the Cardinals' offense. Colts have looked shaky of late, which I'm sure helps some pick the Ravens, and Vikes had a bad December,although they played great the last six quarters, as in 74 points. I don't care that it was against the Bears and Giants, as the trick was to get the offense going.

I listened to the talking heads all pick Green Bay yesterday and just smiled as they gave their so-called analysis. It's the same with Dallas-- "Nobody's playing better" "I just can't see anyone stopping them". BS. The Vikings are better than Dallas on both sides of the ball. In fact, other than special teams coverage, which I have not studied closely, there is nothing Dallas does better than Minnesota. Can the Cowboys win? Sure. But this is crowd noise central boys and girls, hostile territory against a veteran team. If Adrian Peterson has any kind of day, it's no contest.

As for the Saints, I too do not like their finish. Also, the Cardinals have NEVER received any respect--they were picked to lose all four playoff games last year and came within a last minute incredible catch from being Super Bowl champs. They were supposed to lose yesterday too, and of course are being hounded now for having no defense. We'll see. I reserve the right to change my pick on that one, but am glad to see they've got a supporter in you, if only for one week.