View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 06:16 PM
Be.n C0z1n

My all time favorite set. I'm biased, but doesn't get the respect it deserves in my opinion. Rather than writing a long paragraph, I'll make a few points which people can agree / disagree with add on to etc...

1. More attractive than the baseball set in my opinion. The first nine cards issued in the baseball set are so much easier than the single prints that to me the baseball set is really two separate sets.

2. The Tom Tracy card is impossible, I MEAN IMPOSSIBLE to find. I could be wrong, but I can't image that more than 50-60 total exist, and I feel I am being conservative with those numbers.

3. The Groza and the Conerly are listed as single prints, and they are tough, but not impossible if you are patient and willing to pay when you find them.

4. You would think that the Unitas and Jim Brown would sell for about the same price, but for whatever reason, the Brown seems to always sell for a couple hundred more than a Unitas in similar condition.

5. The toughest non-single prints in my opinion are the Howie Furguson ( packers ) Joe Perry ( 49ers ) and the Alan Ameche ( Colts )

6. For whatever reason, there are a decent amount of these cards out there in good shape. You would think that the large size and the fact they had to be hand cut would be problematic, but they can be found in good condition.

7. These cards are tougher than people realize. Even at the national, very few dealers have them / have access to them. I don't really consider this an "oddball" set, as it was made by topps.