View Single Post
Old 12-17-2018, 02:07 PM
Jim Smiley

Default Let's see some letters with great content.

I think letters with interesting content are my favorite thing to collect. Here are some inexpensive examples. Would love to see others.

Brief descriptions, from left to right starting in the top row. I've also inserted links in case you want to see the person's page on CooperstownExpert.com

1. Ford Frick letter dated two months after the first HoF induction. Frick writes about Christy Mathewson's autograph.

2. Sam Breadon letter to Stan Musial for contract negotiations just after Musial's first year and just before his first MVP season. The rest of the letter and other letters from the same negotiation are found on either guy's page.

3. Letter about a ball signed by George Wright. Imagine having that! It's from Warren Giles.

4. Letter about Ripken, McGwire, Sosa, and Maris from then-Marlins advance scout Joe Moeller.

5. Letter about Sandy Koufax picking up a save for teammate and letter author Joe Moeller.

6. Details about the signing of Tony Gwynn from then-Padres scout Gary Sutherland. Fun content.

7. William Harridge letter to Clark Griffith instructing him to give the AL Season Pass to President Eisenhower and VP Nixon.

Please share your letters, inexpensive or not!