View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 09:34 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
This takes a real load off my mind
many stars lose their power..guys like George foster are considered commons...guys with 4+ all star years who aren't HOFs and the POP isn't low for the grade in the era that's most sought out for in set building are commons to most people..

Ruth , Gehrig....those are different issues....but when I collected the 1952s..im pretty sure I was bidding and losing on certain 'star' cards but to me they were just commons...but eventually the bidding died down on those type of players...Mantle no...but Smokey Burgess for example..i never heard of the guy..to most people we only cared about his POP and high number status and grade....the fact that he was an all star meant nothing...

so basically the stars of today..maybe 2% of the next 40 stars become the 'mantle' for people buying those cards 30 years from now and on...etc......but in the short term to people seeing them as current stars..they aren't paying for them knowing that only a small number of the stars will be the guys that collectors 30 years from now care about ..besides the card, grade, POP etc..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 07-15-2015 at 09:36 PM.