Old 10-19-2016, 07:05 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvu_class_of_2001 View Post
Dale,

Here are scans of the two Beehives that I got graded:

img822 by kekinsley, on Flickr

img823 by kekinsley, on Flickr

Unfortunately, Beckett graded items do not scan well. The plastic is thicker so that's why they look so bad. I even did it in a dark room. A little frustrating but it is what it is. Also, they are actually slightly bigger than the surface of my scanner. That's why the pics appear cut off.

I did pick them up at a local show. We have shows in our area most weekends but the one that I attend most frequently as a regular seller that has nothing but hockey (he's originally from Ontario) and he had them. They were the only two. I think they said they were his brother's at one time, if I remember correctly.

Andrew Shaw was a nice guy when I met him. For some reason I expected he wouldn't be, but I'm glad that I was wrong. I actually have a (online) collecting friend in Ontario that's buying and sending me some Canadian stamps. I'm going to send a TTM request to him and see how it goes.

I also scanned the pages below that were in the first Beckett Vintage Collector magazine. This was the first that I learned about the Beehives and where most of my limited knowledge comes from.

Have a great evening!
-kin
Thanks, Kin. Great pics and article!

Did you purchase your Beehives already graded or did you yourself get them graded? If so, can you remember the cost?

Yeah, Andrew Shaw is definitely nicer off ice than he is off, but I assume most are, hopefully?

It was a fun day watching my son be able to skate/play hockey with him. He not only taught the kids a few things, he inspired them to be better, stay in school and get good grades, etc. It was a great experience for my son and one he'll likely never forget.

Thanks again, Kin.

Take care

Dale.