Thread: Shanus-REA suit
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 06:27 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Jay,
Here are the allegations in paragraphs 29 and 30 of the First Amended Complaint brought by Corey.
Corey never bought the trophy balls where there was no sale with Nash. He bought others after that. The jury felt he relied on the false sale of the balls for future purchases, with clear and convincing evidence (according to the statute that had to be overcome). My guess is that if the transcripts ever come out they will be interesting to a few, myself included.

To summarize even more -
First count, for lulling him into giving up his claim against Mastro on the balls he did buy. Judge didn't buy it.
Second count, for manipulating the market and inducing him to overpay on other stuff. Jury bought it.

Hope that helps clear a little of this mess up. It is worth repeating that appeals are expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
I thought the suit was about Corey recovering what he paid for some trophy balls which were alleged to have been painted with a type of paint that did not exist in the 19th century? Am I wrong, or was this part of the suit dismissed?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg doc2.jpg (44.8 KB, 804 views)
File Type: jpg doc1.jpg (72.6 KB, 807 views)
File Type: jpg pg4.jpg (73.3 KB, 809 views)

Last edited by Leon; 05-11-2018 at 08:07 PM.