View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 05:01 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post
Hey 'stache, Unless this hasn't been mentioned, and by some chance you are unaware of this firm, you ain't seen nothing yet until you tap into:

www.raresportsfilms.com

Owned and operated by long-time sports card collector Doak Ewing of Naperville, Illinois, his selection of baseball, football, auto racing, and a few etcs. is second to none. His web site is very easy to maneuver, and he provides the rundown on each of his titles. He'll do a bulk-purchase discount, too. His stuff isn't cheap, but this is truly an instance where quality does not come with a discount. I have a bunch of Doak's VHS tapes, and love them all. I believe all his offerings are now on DVD. ---Brian Powell
Oh...my...God...Brian.

I hate you. I really hate you! Seriously. I wish you'd never shown me that site, haha. I have to forget about it, or I may go broke buying up every baseball game he has.

In all seriousness, thank you! I have bookmarked it, and when I calm down a little on my Blu Ray buying, I'm going to peruse his collection, and see what I'd like to get. Just a cursory glance at some of the items he has listed has my eyes popping out, and my heart fluttering like a 16 year old boy trying to unfasten a bra in the back seat of a car for the first time.

I saw an archive site maintained by NFL Films, but I think the films were very expensive, and I saw a lot of my "dream games" were missing. If this man has even a small portion of what I want, I might be going poor very soon, lol.

See, this one alone is giving me an excited twitch:

Please note this image belongs to Rare Sports Films. Linking here for illustrative purposes only!

He has a 1972 Brewers-Angels game from County Stadium. Oh my...

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.