View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 10:32 PM
Ja,mie B.

PSA posted a profit last quarter. Can you recall a time when a company that was posting profits went out of business? Also, their share price has increased 60% over the last few months. They hold $10 million in cash. There has been massive insider buying. It is one thing to be a "bear" on their stock, but there is little to support their going out of business. Also, your claims, as you know, may effect the opinions and actions of those on this board, which I still suspise is your true agenda.

As for the pricing, it does appear that SGC cards are increasing in value, but there are thousands of cards on the market. Simply because you found "a couple" examples, of which you fail to mention any particulars, is scant evidence that the conventional wisdom of PSA cards going for more should be overturned. PSA cards definitely go for more in all high grades, not only 9's. I do not follow the prices of lower grade cards, but I see no concensus that SGC cards deliver higher prices as you suggest, and no evidence either, which would mean that your both your arguments, that a) PSA is going out of business, b) that SGC cards sell for more - is complete speculation and conjecture. You also failed to deny that you have had a personal experience with PSA that you have found less than satisfactory, and my speculation is that that is truly the case.