View Single Post
Old 03-16-2024, 05:06 PM

Default Cobb Strip Card questions

Hey all,
I know we have some serious W card folks around here, so wanted some thoughts on this, as I have no clue about this kind of stuff. It’s just been floating around my safety deposit boxes for the last 20 years, and will head back to the bank Monday morning.

The history: I bought this in probably 1993 as a framed cut autograph that walked into a show. Back then you just had to eyeball the auto to see what you thought, and being a small southern town kid you don’t exactly see Cobb autograph, let alone in the parking lot of a 25 table show I was about to set up at! I paid $700, as I tried to carry about 1K if anything happened to walk in the door. Months later I popped the old frame off of it and much to my surprise it was a strip card, which at the time, didn’t even know they were a thing.

So what exactly is this?

I assume if the auto is the real deal, it’s good $. Anything similar out there?

If if actually send it off (I haven’t had a card graded in 10+ years, the big stash of P42 I found) and it didn’t pass mustard, what would something like this go for?

Also, do they assign grades to these, being hand cut?

I love it because of the color on the front of the card. Being framed backwards for decades, I assume kept the colors super bright and fresh.

Any thoughts and options are welcome!

Thanks,
Bob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0239.jpg (191.4 KB, 220 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0238.jpg (192.8 KB, 220 views)

Last edited by B O'Brien; 03-16-2024 at 05:09 PM.