View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 11:44 AM
Sean Costello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
Thank You Sean for bumping this thread; as you know, I am relatively new to this board and have never seen this thread (and certainly better reading than the Ultimate Trade up or Sands of our Lives Drama I waster 30 minutes on this morning). Back Runs are SO cool and I am 100% addicted to T206 backs! Current back-related pet projects: Tinker Bat off (really only need the AB, EPDG and Fact 42; Evers Chicago Shirt (tougher back still need are BL 460, Drum, CB Fact 42 and Tolstoi); HOF Tolstoi run, and; complete back run (preferably in HOF where possible).

Few things I have learned on this/thoughts:
1. It is an expensive endeavor, but so rewarding when you get something you need;
2. There are soooo many helpful and cool people in this hobby and on this board
3. Notwithstanding the above, you Gotta love the jerks who find out you are doing a back run and try to shake you down for way more than a card is worth bc they know you need it (my answer -- Go F$%# yourself)
4. Just when you think you have decided on 1-2 frolics/projects, more and more pop up -- this truly is the Monster
5. I find myself, even on common backs, caring as much about the way the back looks as the front; and on the rare backs, its 80% about the backs (especially with the big boy backs)
6. Paper loss on back is pretty much a nonstarter (but I say that as I continue to eye the BL 460 Baker in ML)
7. I love baseball Cards!!!!

Ryan
Ryan, you also need to do a Sid Smith back run. How hard could it be? Piedmont, Old Mill, and Hindu.