View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 08:51 AM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Quote:
Originally Posted by divecchia View Post
My belief is that Topps cards usually command higher prices simply because the OPC cards are not as popular with most set collectors. If you take a quick look at the PSA Registry for OPC complete sets being worked and compare it to the Topps counterpart you will see more than 20 times the number of collectors are working on Topps sets versus OPC. I believe it's just as simple as not as many collectors are chasing OPC cards to complete sets. I believe the same is true for collectors working on raw sets also, but those people doing raw sets aren't usually paying top dollar anyways.

With that said, I personally believe that OPC cards should be valued more than their Topps counterpart and I am one of the ones that will pay more for a high grade OPC card.

Donato
Yup , this is what I've always felt. Back in the day I came across a 1971 Munson opc . I asked the dealer about it and he said that people just really didn't collect them . He was asking a high price and I didn't really collect vintage at the time .