View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 08:02 PM

Default What would you do?

So a big Ebay Dealer (not our dear friends Probstein, PWCC, or Battelefield) just totally lied to me about the condition of a lot of about 150 cards he sold.

He sold them as "Nice" and "vgex/good", but when I got them many had paper loss, and not a single one didn't have a crease. At best it's a good lot on average. Not only that but his photo cherry picked the three best cards in the lot and didn't show other photos (intentionally deception or just an accident?). Then when I complained he mocked me for not being satisfied with the bargain I got.

In truth, he is right on that. I did get a bargain (I paid under 4% of book value). I can easily resell these at a profit (around $50 after fees)

So what would you do:

1) Return the lot to the dealer for a refund (and eat the return shipping charges),

2) resell the lot on Ebay/Net54 but with better disclosure of the condition - and take the $50 profit; or

3) resell the lot on Net54, with a link to the lot I won, and the price I paid, and with the dealer's full name ... and then post pictures of what he sent. Obviously no one would give me a profit at that point since they'd know exactly what I paid - so I'd hope to just get my money back.

So what would you do? I'm kinda inclined to let the market decide.

Cheers,
Patrick

Last edited by SMPEP; 06-14-2017 at 08:23 PM.