View Single Post
Old 01-31-2024, 02:12 PM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
I imagine you've already done this, but it looks like Dooin was printed earlier since the scratch and the other flaw on that last one are more strongly printed.
The weaker one may be from wear to the stone.

Have you sorted the pairs by how clear the scratches are?

That would probably give us a clear picture of which one of the pair was plate A and which was plate B.

I'm still thinking the shorter one in the middle belongs to the right of the sheet.

Having two clear layouts for P150 is incredibly impressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
The same one with different strengths would probably eliminate that idea. Which is sort of unfortunate. That alignment with the 649 Ops is probably the better path.

I've been trying to think of a way it could be proven, but can't come up with anything likely.
I think if either end of that short scratch ends somewhere off the card, there would be a neighbor card with the actual end visible if it's on it's own. If those end on the card, then I'd think they belong pretty much as placed.

It's one of those ones where I would be somewhat happy to be wrong because it would mean that the sheet layouts might in fact be complete base on the size.
You could be right about clearer and weaker scratches Steve. I had posted all of the "main" scratch pairs starting in post #70 and all of the non 649 subjects have the bolder scratches than the 649 subjects with every pair with the possible exception of the Griffith/Turner in post #70 where the Griffith looks to be slightly bolder than the Turner. However you can see in post #84 that there is a much bolder scratch on a scan of Liebhardt I have compared to the Liebhardt that I own.

Last edited by Pat R; 01-31-2024 at 02:18 PM.