View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 06:22 AM

Default JimStinson

Excellent post Tom, The amazing part to me is that he spent almost his entire life after baseball as an "accountant" and "Book keeper" which means he would have signed if not thousands than hundreds of items in that capacity. Along with having been fairly active in the minors in the mid west and also PCL. BUT.....Nothing !
And too this was a man that died in 1967 ! Not 1927 ! The closest I have came to what could be called a lead. Is the mother of his nephew (now deceased) who helped take care of his wife in the Salt Lake nursing home. Her husband ended up with the wife's personal effects and supposedly some of Roy Castleton's before he moved from Salt Lake to California but even SHE was surprised to learn he had been a baseball player. I too did a cold call search of the Castleton's in the SLC directory as he had quite a few siblings that remained there for their entire live's and what is especially strange is that of the relatives I found that were related to him , none knew that he had been a baseball player.