View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 11:37 AM
Todd Schultz

I bought these because I was nearly certain they were sheet mates.
Harder to tell from my scans but each is not only mis-cut but is cut at a slight angle. Also and again hard to see, but there is a smidgen of the "3" on Veach's far right edge and the same amount missing from Viox:

Alas, it appears I should have looked more closely and/or measured them, because their different length indicates they were probably not together--although they sure do fit hand in glove:

I suppose it's possible that the cards were cut from the sheet in vertical strips and then cut horizontally, which could account for them being different lengths. Hmmm, I'd never considered that. Thoughts?
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.

Last edited by nolemmings; 03-06-2014 at 11:42 AM. Reason: add a cooment and question