View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 12:39 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes View Post
What is frustrating to me are the buyers who buy multiple cards, and subsequently make a payment for each card individually through paypal. Even more frustrating is when the buyer then turns right around and asks for a refund back on ALL of the excess s/h. Most recently, I had a buyer pay for 9 cards (each with $1 s/h) separately through paypal. These 8 additional payments caused me to incur an unexpected $2.40 in paypal transaction fees. The buyer called me and asked if I would still honor my s/h cap of $3.....not likely, as the extra $2.40 in fees are not covered by the $3 s/h cost.

In addition, my descriptions mention that the $3 s/h cap is only applicable to orders paid for on a single payment...in other words, I will try to find a way to appease the buyer w/o going in the hole on expenses. In this case, I appeased the buyer by sending him 5-6 off grade cards of his favorite player.

Yeah, that's a pet peeve of mine to. Sometimes it's an impatient buyer, sometimes it's an Ebay software issue that's causing the buyers problems in the shopping cart.

That's why I try to make it clear to buyers to not attempt to pay for their auctions or purchases if they have won more then 1 item from me, until I send them a separate adjusted invoice.

Doesn't always work, but I think it cuts down on the occurrences.