View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 01:30 PM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxcat View Post
Agreed. I do free shipping if you buy 10 or more items at once. I do find that some people don't understand the shopping cart.
The not understanding how to use the shopping cart is the most common excuse I have received back from these buyers.....I implore buyers in my listing to use the shopping cart and offer simplistic directions on how to use it.

Another excuse I have heard is "I did not realize I was buying all of these items from the same seller".....wow, just wow.

To me, it appears that part of the problem causing buyers to make these multiple payments centers around the fact that most buyers are only given the option to checkout/pay for items when using the BIN option. It may be an extra click for a buyer buying one item, but if ebay removed the BIN option and only went with the "add to cart" option, this problem would be severely cut back.

Awhile back I called ebay and had my buying account set up so, in most cases, I can use the BIN option and NOT have to send an immediate payment. This would allow me to buy multiple items from one seller over time to save on s/h. However, I still have to use the cart to receive and "promotional" discounts that the seller is offering.