View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 07:56 PM
Keith
ke.ith tem.ple

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Here's why I think its OK to ding the stars, but not leave negative feedback. By placing a bid, you are basically agreeing to the shipping charge. But, just because you agree to it, doesn't mean you think its reasonable or fair. When leaving feedback, one of the questions asked is 'How reasonable were the shipping and handling charges?' Ebay is asking our opinion. Again, just because you agreed to it, doesn't make it reasonable. Thats what the stars are for - to express our opinion. If its our opinion that the shipping and handling charges were not reasonable, we should say so (by leaving what we feel is an appropriate star rating).

Just my $.02
+1.

That's how I look at it. I have left negative or neutral feedback for shipping when costs are obviously skewed, such as failing to combine shipping, higher shipping costs for an item shipped relatively unprotected. I will say, in my comments, my bid reflects the cost of shipping.

On auction houses, especially those who charge for postage, supplies, handling, etc, I don't bid mch, if at all for many AH these days. In my prior life managing a profit center, many of these descriptive items are actually labor and material costs. I consider this no more than an attempt to increase profitability and, with the A H juice running up to 20%, any explanation is no more than justification for suckers. Just my two bucks worth, which is now $2.60 with S&H.

By the way, I make several purchases from shippers in Japan. Costs are all over the place, but several ship for under three bucks. Food for thought.
...whatever I want

Last edited by drmondobueno; 04-30-2016 at 07:58 PM.