View Single Post
Old 09-09-2023, 08:28 AM
James M.

Recently had the pleasure of seeing Jackson Browne, Steely Dan and The Eagles.

Jackson Browne was just himself and his band. Played for roughly three hours, at the Beacon Theater, here in NYC. He took a couple of song requests from the crowd, and played music from his early albums as well. Fantastic performance overall.

Steely Dan, opened for the Eagles at MSG. I'll freely admit I've never been a huge fan of them, but I really respect their artistry. Especially the man they had on the drums. God could he play, definitely gave me a newfound appreciation for them.

The Eagles, were downright incredible. These are not the Eagles of yesteryear, but damn do they come close. Glenn Frey's son, Deacon Frey, takes the reigns on a couple of his songs. There were certain parts of the show, where If you closed your eyes, you would think a young Glenn Frey was still with us. Vince Gill, has been a perfect addition to the band, since the passing of Glenn. He sings lead, on "New Kid in Town" and "Take It To The Limit," amongst others. I think he does a great job of capturing Glenn's spirit on some of his songs, and I love that he's able to hit some high notes on "Take it To The Limit" because it keeps the essence of the song, back from when Randy Meisner was a member of the group. Don Henley has aged like a fine wine, he still sounds rock solid, you certainly wouldn't think the man is 76.

My absolute favorite part of the show though? Joe Walsh. It's not even close. He's 75, going on 17 with the amount of energy he has. His guitar playing, was out of this world. He bounces around on stage, having a grand old time, rocking out with everyone. Perfect proof, that men only grow old, they do not grow up.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.