View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 07:00 PM
Bill Gregory

I'm removing the pictures from my responses so I don't hog up the page...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdn_collector View Post
There's still a lot of unknowns around these "proofs", but I'm totally jazzed to be able to add this to my collection all the same. Thanks Jay!

Regards,

Richard.
Richard, that's quite an interesting proof. Beautiful, actually. I love the simplicity that proofs offer. What was your original inspiration to collect George Gibson? I don't know a lot about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunder19 View Post
My first big pickup at the national..

As far as I am aware.. this is the 1st Sweet Cap 150 Yellow Brown..... the Yellow Brown Scraps are almost always found with SC 350-460 fact 30... I was really interested in the card when I saw the SC 150 back..
Jamie, what's the story behind the T206s with limited ink runs? Were these done as testers, or were they simply discarded (maybe because they weren't happy with the color levels)? I know you refer to them as scraps. If you could provide a little background info to somebody who would like to learn, I'd appreciate it. I've started reading the Inside T206 pdf download, and I'm fascinated by how they produced these lithos. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4815162342 View Post
Picked this up at the National today.
Hi Daryl. Very nice pickup, congrats! I know very little about the Melo Mints. Is there a good online resource you could refer me to? I love the candy cards from this era, especially the American Caramels, and would like to expand my collection to include some of these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencil1974 View Post
Here are my pick ups.
1923 W572 Ruth
1928 W565 Gehrig
1927 R94 Babe comes home - Babe Ruth (from his silent movie)
Brad, these are incredible! Just beautiful!!!! I especially love the W572. Great eye appeal, and nicely centered. Did you get those at the National?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmonster View Post
Thanks to a fellow Net54 member I was able to add Cy and a very tough League Park bleachers postcard view to my collection. Also came across a Case Auto Joe Tinker card that is a variation from the one I already have and a Walter Johnson Sporting News Postcard. A good month so far.
Jim, these postcards are amazing. The Cy Young cards almost look hand colored. I had a friend in college that would take black and white photographs, and hand color them. They had the same incredible eye appeal.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.