View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 10:10 AM
Derek Granger

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljurgela View Post
Yes, Derek... the prices were a bit soft. I picked up a few items of yours and a few other but let some pieces go that were exceptional bargains as I just do not have unlimited funds! The ones that "hurt" are not placing an initial bid on the Detroit Stars photo and not making one more bid on the DiHigo Matanzas photo.

Did get the Irvin El Indio, Wreckers photo, Poinciana Cabinet, Torriente photo and the small Charleston photo (which I do not think was yours).

The Newark Eagles Team Photo with Irvin / Suttles / Day / Wells went for 3X what I recall it going for in the past (Hake's?). I thought that the Santurce Cangrejeros went cheap, I thought as did the Rube Foster program.
Thanks Al! Glad to see that many of these awesome items stayed "in the Net54 family". And I'm glad to see that my Betz Studio Cabinet stuck around as well....lots more selling this time around than buying (for me). Might be lots more to come as I trim down my collection a bit.

BTW, I think the Torriente team photo is the coolest item I've ever owned. You'll be floored at how clear the image is when you get it in hand!

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 244/342 (71.4%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 114/119 (95.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 177/180 (98.3%)